Use of Library Bulletin Boards
- As a community service to non-commercial and non-profit organizations engaged in educational, local governmental, cultural, intellectual or charitable activities, the Tinley Park Public Library provides a bulletin board for posting or distributing announcements of civic events, and programs or informational material. The Library reserves the right to request a copy of an organization’s 501(c) for proof of non-profit status.
- It is intended to provide information to the public on upcoming events or programs sponsored by local organizations and the sale of material for fund raising purposes for the library or the Friends of the Library.
- It is not intended to advertise items or services for sale by commercial entities, profit organizations or individuals, or items relating to political campaigns, garage sales, rental properties, want ads, tear-off ads, or fundraising events or requests for contributions with the exception of those from the Friends of the Tinley Park Public Library.
- Materials must not exceed 11” x 17”.
- Materials must be submitted to the Business Office for review, approval, and posting by a designated staff member. Staff will remove and dispose of items which have not been approved.
- All items shall be posted for a period of one week if space is available. Items may be posted for longer than one week if there is room. Items will be posted on a first come, first served basis.
- The library reserves the right to refuse or remove any display, notice, or handout that does not comply with these policies and guidelines.
- The library assumes no responsibility for the preservation, protection or possible damage or theft of any item posted or distributed. All items placed in the library are done at the owner’s risk.
Rev., 6/24/09, 9/24/14