We had a really successful and fun event this year, thanks to everyone who participated this summer! We hope you had fun exploring the other libraries in the area.
Unfortunately, no one's game card from Tinley Library was drawn as a prize winner this year. ☹ However, Tinley Library members made up a significant proportion of this year's participants! Here are some more statistics from the Geocaching Competition.
- There were 610 total participants.
- 120 of those were from Tinley Park!
- 95 people turned in completed game cards.
- 45 of those entered as youth, 7 as teens, and 17 adults.
- Hence all of the winners were youths. The Movie theater gift card went to Oak Lawn, Science & Industry Museum went to Flossmoor, Shedd Aquarium went to Green Hills (Palos Hills), and the Visa gift cards went to Homewood and Lansing.
- 17 cards were turned in to us.
- There was an average of 95 people who signed all the individual caches' log books.
- We had 65 individual signatures, however our first log book was lost after someone vandalized our geocache! So we would have had more.
- All those individuals who signed our log book, were part of about 39 teams!
Again we want to thank everyone who participated, and wish everyone good luck next year! If you have any suggestions on how to improve our Annual Multi-Library Geocache Competition feel free to leave a comment!