Tinley Park Public Library offers free Wi-Fi access throughout the building. No password is needed to connect to our signal: "TPPL Guest."
The library offers the ability for you to wirelessly print from anywhere you have an Internet connection. Nearly every page of our website has a gray button that reads: REMOTE PRINTING. Click this button and you will be taken to a website called "PrinterOn." You may also download the free "PrinterOn" mobile app for your Android, Apple device, Kindle Fire, or NOOK. Using the PrinterOn website or app, upload your files and then visit the library to pay and print your jobs. Print jobs will be deleted after 24 hours. $0.15 per page - BLACK & WHITE
$1.00 per page - COLOR
18 PCs for TPPL cardholders 18 years & older on Main Level
16 PCs for TPPL cardholders 17 years & younger on 2nd Level (Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult)
DON'T HAVE A TPPL CARD?
(1) 2 “Express Stations” on the Main Level provide 15 minutes of Internet access for anyone 18 years old or older. You may save files only to a USB flash drive. If you wish to print, you can ONLY do so through the library's PrinterOn remote printing service accessed from the REMOTE PRINTING link found throughout our website.
(2) Visitors passes are sold for $4.00 at the Checkout Desk for all day access to a public PC. Non-TPPL cardholders who are 17 years old & younger will not be charged this $4.00 fee.
$0.15 per page - BLACK & WHITE
$1.00 per page - COLOR
Our primary public computers have the following software applications installed on the Windows 8.1 operating system:
- Adobe Reader XI
- Internet Explorer 11
- Google Chrome
- Math Input Panel
- Microsoft Access 2013
- Microsoft Excel 2013
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
- Microsoft Publisher 2013
- Microsoft Windows DVD Maker
- Microsoft Windows Live Movie Maker
- Microsoft Windows Media Player
- Microsoft Word 2013
- Scratch 2
- Snipping Tool
- Windows Media Player
- Windows Movie Maker
1 Windows PC is dedicated for those who are visually impaired. In addition to a specialized keyboard, they include two software programs: JAWS (which reads text aloud), and ZoomText (for enlarging text).
LIBRARY DATABASES & CATALOGS:
- 4 PCs on the Main Level do not require sign-up or have a time limit. These exclusively offer library resources for the purpose of researching databases and searching the catalog for library materials.
- 8 public access catalogs are scattered throughout the building for the sole purpose of searching the catalog for library books, movies, music, etc.