Website Linkage Policy
The Tinley Park Public Library maintains a website to support its mission by providing public and staff access to educational and informational resources in electronic format. The website provides a dynamic collection of links and content on a variety of subjects for users of all ages and levels of experience. The information includes, but is not limited to, a web-based catalog of print and multimedia, online databases, electronic books, information on Library programs and services, and external links to other selected governmental, not-profit, news media, and educational websites, which the Library has determined furthers its mission and provides additional education, cultural, or civic information that users of the Library may find of interest.
It is not the intent of the Library to create a forum or other means by which public discourse or the exchange of opinions may occur. Non-library parties may request the inclusion of an external link on the Library’s website that is consistent with the Library’s website, as stated above, but inclusion and placement of all external links will be at the sole discretion of the Library. The Library reserves the right to deny any and all requests for external links or delete existing external links at any time. Unless explicitly stated, links to external websites do not constitute an endorsement of that website, its owner, or the information therein. The Library bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality, or content of the external site or for subsequent links contained therein.
- The Library will not provide links to websites that:
- Are individual or personal websites or blogs;
- Promote or exhibit hate, bias, discrimination, libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- Contain pornographic, obscene, or objectionable images or text;
- Promote a specific religious, political, or social agenda;
- Associate with, sponsor, or serve a candidate for elective office, a political party or organization supporting or seeking to defeat a candidate for elective office, or a ballot proposal;
- Associate with political organizations or other organizations advocating a position on a local State or federal issue.
Since website content may change or disappear entirely without notice, the Library cannot be held responsible for the content or accuracy of websites not maintained by the Tinley Park Public Library staff. Library staff will make efforts to keep links current, and encourage website visitors to inform Library Administration if they find a link that no longer functions or is inconsistent with the above stated criteria.
Board Approved 2/18