- Award Books – Current nominees for Illinois student choice awards may be found in the lobby area of the second floor. These awards include Monarch, Blue Stem, and Rebecca Caudill.
- Fairy Tales & Folklore – Located on the second floor, bordering the southwest play area on the Upper Level.
- World Language Books - We have modest collections of fiction and nonfiction materials in the Arabic, German, Hindi, Spanish, and Urdu languages, located on the west side of the first level. World language books suitable for children may be found on on the shelving unit behind the Youth Services reference desk. (The same languages are represented there, plus French and Polish).
- Genealogy – Our extensive collection of reference genealogy materials is intershelved with that of the Tinley Moraine Genealogists. Circulating genealogy materials (call number 929) may be found in the nonfiction collection on the east side of shelf unit 19.
- Graphic Novels – Adult graphic novels (both fiction and nonfiction) are located on the west side of the first level. Graphic novels appropriate for teens are located directly under the “Teen Collection” sign at the northeast part of the second floor. Junior Graphic Novels are located along the east wall of the second floor.
- Investment Tools – Our subscriptions include Value Line Investment Survey, Standard & Poor's The Outlook, and many others. Most are available at the Adult Reference Desk.
- Local Author Collection – Our circulating collections of works by authors residing in Cook and Will counties.
The Local Author Shelves are located north of the Adult Reference Desk on the first level and near the elevator on the Upper Level.
If you are an author residing in Cook or Will counties, you are invited to submit your work for inclusion in this collection. Please download and fill out our Submission Form.
- Local History – More than 200 documents, maps, and brochures focusing on the history of Tinley Park are stored in our office. A print index is available. Please ask at the Adult Reference Desk.
- Microfilm – We have archival microfilm for local newspapers, including the Tinley Park Times, dating back to 1929, with several gaps. Please call in advance to find out if we have a particular date or date range.
- Oversize – Nonfiction books that are too large to fit on regular shelves are kept in the northwest corner of the first level.
- Parenting – A modest collection on topics of interest to parents, including literacy skills, potty training, and dealing with food allergies. This collection can be found on the shelves nearest the Youth Activity Room on the Upper Level.
- Poetry & Junior Picture Books – A separate collection of poetry for young people may be found across from the Youth reference desk on the second floor.
- Pop-Ups – We have a collection of children’s pop-up books that may be enjoyed in the library only. These are found across from the Youth reference desk on the second floor.
- Songbooks – Our large collection of piano-vocal scores, fakebooks, and sheet music is stored along the north wall of the first level.
- Teen Classics & Literature Notes – Classic titles that are often on required reading lists for school assignments and standardized tests. Located on the second floor, northwest corner.
- Textbooks – Selected K-12 textbooks from school districts 140, 146, 161, and 230 can be found on the second floor in the Youth Services and Young Adult areas. These are for use in the library only.
- Yearbooks – Tinley Park High School (1963 to present) and Victor J. Andrew High School (1978 to present) yearbooks are available in the first level adult reference collection. Integrated with the reference genealogy collection is a large assortment of yearbooks from Chicago-area high schools and colleges, some dating back to the 1920s. All yearbooks are cataloged in SWAN.