Technical Services Clerk — Part Time
The Tinley Park Public Library is seeking an organized individual who is adept at maintaining accuracy while prioritizing a variety of multiple, detail-oriented tasks. Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the Technical Services Clerk is responsible for processing all formats and uses SirsiDynix Symphony to maintain item records.
The Tinley Park Public Library is an equal opportunity employer that serves both the communities of Tinley Park and Orland Hills with a combined population of 63,852.
- Co-manages the serials collection
- Processes books, audiovisual and other materials
- Enters and maintains the library’s holdings in the SWAN catalog
- Provides consistent, gracious, and friendly service to Library patrons and fellow staff
Part-time benefit position. 24 hours per week, 8 am–4:30 pm, Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year of prior work experience. Technical Services work experience preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to use computers and a variety of hardware/software programs
- Ability to use basic computer applications with reasonable speed, accuracy, and efficiency
- Ability to work independently while also working collaboratively in a team environment
$14.43 per hour
Applications accepted through September 24, 2021.
Please apply online. Include your resume and a letter of interest to Joy Anhalt, Technical Services Manager.