Youth Services Librarian – Full Time
The Tinley Park Public Library is seeking a friendly and creative individual to join our dedicated Youth Services Department which provides services to library patrons from birth through grade 12 and their caregivers. The primary responsibilities of this full-time position are assisting patrons with reference and reader’s advisory at the public service desk, collection development, planning and facilitating storytimes for babies, toddlers, and preschool-aged children, programming for school-aged children, visiting and providing support to local schools, and general department duties as assigned. Experience, enthusiasm, and creative input are necessary for enhancing our department through library displays. Help may be requested in presenting programs and creating displays for teens.
Works under the supervision of the Youth Services Manager. The Tinley Park Public Library serves both the communities of Tinley Park and Orland Hills with a combined population of 63,852 residents. Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent oral communication as well as the ability to compose and respond to written communication via email and online library chat. Ideal candidates will also possess strong computer and technology skills including Apple and other mobile devices and proficiency in using Microsoft Office.
Full-time benefit position (40 hours per week) with working hours as follows:
- Monday 12:30–9 pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:30 am–5 pm
- Monthly weekend rotation every fourth Saturday 8:30 am–5 pm and Sunday 11:30 am–5 pm
Review the following qualifications and apply if you meet all:
- MLS from an ALA-accredited graduate school with a preferred BA in education
- Minimum of two years’ professional experience working with children, preferably in a public library or educational environment
- Valid driver’s license required to drive library vehicle(s)
- Evening and weekend hours required; flexibility in schedule to match school hours
Tinley Park Public Library
7851 Timber Dr.
Tinley Park, IL 60477
Applications accepted through Tuesday, September 26, 2023.
Please apply online and include your resume and a letter of interest to:
Valerie Zulevic, Youth Services Manager