It's Showtime at Your Library
June 3 – August 3
Guidelines for Adults
Our Adult Summer Reading Challenge begins on Monday, June 3 and ends on Saturday, August 3. Reading logs must be submitted by 5 pm on August 3.
- The goal is to have fun while reading your way toward earning tickets for an end-of-summer prize drawing. The more tickets earned, the better the chance of winning a prize. Winners will be announced the week of August 5. All prizes must be picked up by August 19.
- You will receive one drawing ticket for every three books read up to a limit of 4 drawing tickets. Books may be either fiction or nonfiction and of any genre or subject matter. Ebooks and audiobooks are also acceptable. Books must be at least 100 pages and audiobooks at least three hours long.
- One bonus drawing ticket will be awarded for reading any book with a theme, title, or setting relating to motion pictures or television. Please circle these extra-credit titles on your reading log. There is a limit of 4 bonus drawing tickets received per participant.
- Participants who attend any Showtime event for adults will receive one blue theater ticket for each event attended. Three blue theater tickets can be exchanged for one golden drawing ticket. There is a limit of 4 golden drawing tickets per participant.
- Once you have read at least three books or attended three programs, visit the Reference Desk to receive your drawing ticket(s). The Reference Desk will have a list of the prizes you are eligible to win. Place your drawing ticket(s) in the container(s) labeled with the prize(s) you want to win. There will be separate prize drawings from each container.
- All participants who read at least three books will receive our 2019 Summer Reading Challenge tote bag.
- There will be a total limit of 12 tickets per participant.
Guidelines for Kids
- The kids summer reading challenge is open to all ages birth to entering Grade 5. There are reading challenge for teens and adults as well.
- You can sign up for the summer reading challenge at the Youth Services Desk on the second floor starting Monday, June 3. You will receive a reading log, coupons to local businesses, and a Tinley Park Public Library drinking cup. You can sign up any time between Monday, June 3 until the end of the program. However, it might be difficult to complete the full challenge the later you sign up. All reading logs must be turned in by Saturday, August 3 at 5 pm.
- The kids summer reading challenge is divided into two groups, each with different reading requirements and sets of prizes. Each reading log is composed of two levels with a prize for completing each one. You may read anything you'd like, but we highly recommend reading books at your reading level. After all, it is supposed to be a challenge!
Guidelines for Teens
- The Teen Summer Reading Challenge is open to all teens entering Grades 6-12
- You can sign up at the Youth Services desk on the second floor. You will receive your reading log, coupons to local businesses, and a Tinley Park Public Library light-up pen. You can sign up at any time between Monday, June 3 through the end of the program. However, the later you sign up, the harder it may be to complete the entire challenge. All reading logs must be submitted by Saturday, August 3 at 5 pm.
- The teen reading log is composed of two levels with a prize for completing each level.
- You may read anything you'd like, but we highly recommend reading books at your reading level.