Updated April 4, 2020
Under the direction of the Village of Tinley Park and the Library Board of Trustees, we will be closed until further notice. We will continue to monitor the situation and will open when directed by local authorities.
- All library events and room reservations are canceled through April 30
- All books and materials with a due date between March 7 and April 30 will be due May 1
- Fines and fees will be paused until May 1
- Cards that expired between 2017 and now have been extended until July 4, 2020
- Holds are suspended until we reopen
During our closure, we hope you will take advantage of our digital collection.
It's important to remember that COVID-19 isn't connected to race, ethnicity or nationality. Stigma will not help fight the illness. Sharing accurate information from trusted sources is critical to reduce misinformation. Find reliable and current information about the outbreak from local, state, and national agencies below:
- Village of Tinley Park
- Village of Orland Hills
- City of Chicago
- Cook County or call CCDPH at 708-633-4000, press 3
- Will County
- llinois Department of Public Health or call the IDPH coronavirus hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV
- Center for Disease Control
PLEASE NOTE: Situation Summary updates regarding COVID-19, are available at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and IL Department of Public Heath (IDPH) website links above.