We are scheduling curbside pickup for holds
Even though we are not yet open to the public, we started offering curbside pickup for existing holds on June 2. As of June 29, we have scheduled 970 curbside appointments. We are scheduling appointments every day so that we can meet this high demand. Please be aware that it may take several days for us to process your holds.
How it works
- Once we've pulled your items, you will receive a phone call, text, or email to schedule an appointment for curbside pickup
- When your appointment is scheduled, your items will be checked out to your library account immediately, and the due dates will be based on your pickup date
- When you arrive to pick up your items, drive to the east side of our parking lot and pull into a designated curbside parking space
- Text “Check In” to the phone number listed on the sign
- You will be asked your name, library card number, your parking space number, and the make/model/color of your vehicle
- You will be instructed to open your trunk and staff will be right out to deliver your item
- If you do not have a cell phone or do not have texting, park in a curbside parking space, walk to the double doors to our Receiving Room, and ring the bell. Staff will ask you the same questions, and you will be instructed to return to your vehicle and open your trunk. We will be right out to deliver your items to you!
- If you decide to walk or bike ride to pick up your items, ring the Receiving Room bell. We will get your items out to you.
To help us offer you the best service, please keep to your scheduled appointment date and time. If you forget to pick up your items, we will contact you. If you need to reschedule, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Checkout Desk, 708.532.0160 ext. 3.