If all this time stuck at home has convinced you to clean out your closet full of dusty VHS tapes, you're in luck—we are now adapting our popular Conversion Station service for curbside drop-off and pickup.
Here's how it works:
- Call 708.845.5738 to schedule a time to drop off the materials you want digitized
- At your scheduled time, please pull up in front of the library's entrance and call us at 708.532.0160, x5738 to let us know you've arrive
- We'll digitize your materials, and then we'll call you to arrange a time to pick up your materials and the digitized copy
What formats we can accept:
- VHS tapes (maximum: 3)
- 8mm/16mm film (maximum: 800-1000 feet)
- Vinyl records (maximum: 2 LPs or 78s)
- Cassette tapes (maximum: 2)
What to bring:
- Your VHS tapes/reel-to-reel film/vinyl records/cassette tapes (please limit to one format type per appointment)
- A flash drive or external hard drive with at least 32 GB of space
- If you want us to convert your VHS tape to DVD, please bring 1 blank DVD-R for each VHS tape (maximum: 3)
*Note: We are unable to provide video editing, and we are unable to digitize photos/slides at this time.