Tinley Park Public Library offers free Wi-Fi access throughout the building. No password is needed to connect to our signal: "TPPL Guest."
The library offers the ability for you to wirelessly print from anywhere you have an Internet connection. The library's homepage of our website has a purple button that reads: REMOTE PRINTING. Click this button and you will be taken to a website called "PrinterOn." You may also download the free "PrinterOn" mobile app for your Apple or Android. Using the PrinterOn website or app, upload your files and then visit the library to pay and print your jobs. Any files sent, but not printed, will be deleted after 24 hours. $0.15 per page - BLACK & WHITE
$1.00 per page - COLOR
18 PCs for TPPL cardholders 18 years & older on first level
10 PCs for TPPL cardholders 17 years & younger on 2nd Level (Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult)
2 MacBook Air laptops for TPPL cardholders 18 years & older, 3 hours loan with 1 renewal. Laptops may not leave the building.
DON'T HAVE A TPPL CARD?
(1) 2 “Express Stations” on the first level provide 30 minutes of Internet access for anyone 18 years old or older. You may save files only to a USB flash drive. If you wish to print, you can ONLY do so through the library's PrinterOn remote printing service accessed from the REMOTE PRINTING link found on the library's homepage of our website.
(2) Guest passes are sold for $4.00 at the Checkout Desk for all day access to a public PC. Non-TPPL cardholders who are 17 years old & younger will not be charged this $4.00 fee.
$0.15 per page - BLACK & WHITE
$1.00 per page - COLOR
Our primary public computers have the following software applications installed on the Windows 8.1 operating system:
- Adobe Reader XI
- Internet Explorer 11
- Google Chrome
- Math Input Panel
- Microsoft Access 2013
- Microsoft Excel 2013
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
- Microsoft Publisher 2013
- Microsoft Windows DVD Maker
- Microsoft Windows Live Movie Maker
- Microsoft Windows Media Player
- Microsoft Word 2013
- Scratch 2
- Snipping Tool
- Windows Media Player
- Windows Movie Maker
1 Windows 17" Laptop is dedicated for those who are visually-impaired. In addition to a specialized keyboard, it includes: NVDA (Non-Visual Desktop Access), which reads text aloud, and Windows 10 Ease of Access for screen magnification and other assistive technologies.
LIBRARY DATABASES & CATALOGS:
- 4 PCs on the first floor do not require sign-up or have a time limit. These exclusively offer library resources for the purpose of researching databases and searching the catalog for library materials.
- 8 public access catalogs are scattered throughout the building for the sole purpose of searching the catalog for library books, movies, music, etc.