Available Rooms at the Library
The Large Meeting Room
Located on the first level the Large Meeting Room can be subdivided into two smaller rooms. First priority use of this Meeting Room is given to library-sponsored meetings or programs, but the following groups may also use the Meeting Rooms for cultural, civic, and informal education purposes: nonprofit organizations, local businesses holding training or other non-commercial meetings. If you are interested in booking the Meeting Room, please download our detailed policy statement and regulations and submit a request from our website. You may also call the Business Office at 708.532.0160, x4.
Located on the first level, study rooms are available to those high school age and older with a photo ID or library card for a period of two hours.
Three small study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis and have a maximum capacity of four people. If you or your group is interested in using one of these rooms, please visit the Adult Reference Desk.
The Small Group Room accommodates up to eight people, and is reservable in advance under the following terms and conditions.
- A reservation is held for 15 minutes after reservation start time.
- At the end of the day, room occupants must vacate the room no later than the 15 minute closure announcement (typically 8:45pm or 4:45pm).
- A patron is allowed two room reservations within a three week window
- A patron is allowed to reserve the study room once per day
- The Group Study Room is only reservable by Tinley Park Public Library cardholders in good standing.
- The Group Study Room is reservable in increments of 30 minutes up to two hours maximum.
- All patrons relinquish their reservation if they leave the room unattended for longer than 15 minutes.
- The person who made the reservation must report to the Adult Reference desk to have the room unlocked.
- The person who made the reservation must have their library card or photo id in order to redeem their reservation.
- The person reserving the room assumes responsibility for room condition and behavior of all patrons using the room during their reservation period.
- Room occupants must follow all Patron Behavior policies. Please note therein that "furniture may not be rearranged."
The Reading Room
Located in the southwest corner of the first level, the Reading Room is designed for those who wish to study individually in a quiet and comfortable atmosphere. (No cell phones please.)