Conversion Station Procedures
- Conversion Station (CS) Users must be Tinley Park Public Library (TPPL) cardholders in good standing. Up to two (2) Users can work at the CS at one time, and at least one User must have a TPPL card. Staff will retain a User’s TPPL card and photo ID (state or school-issued) while the CS is in use.
- All Users must be at least thirteen (13) years old, and permission must be granted beforehand by a parent or legal guardian.
- No food or uncovered drinks are permitted while using the CS.
- Users can make reservations up to one month in advance for the following times:
- Mon–Fri: 9 am–noon, 1–4 pm, 5–8 pm
- Sat: 9 am–noon, 1–4 pm
- Sun: 1–4 pm.
If there are no reservations, the CS will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Library staff can extend the User’s session through the next session if there is no other reservation. Users can make one reservation per day and one renewal per day. Walk-ins are welcome, but reservations will get precedence. We may not be able to accommodate all walk-ins.
- Reservations are held for fifteen (15) minutes after they are scheduled to begin, unless the User notifies staff beforehand. Users must allow time once their session has ended for staff to conduct an inventory of equipment.
- The User whose library card is retained by library staff will be responsible for any damages, missing items, misuse of equipment, breach of policy, or misconduct.
- Only TPPL staff can add, remove, or modify any library-owned or User-owned equipment including cables, keyboards, mice, etc. Users are not permitted to install any new software.
- It is the User’s responsibility to save their work on an external memory source, such as a cloud storage website, flash drive, etc. Files saved to the CS computer will be erased upon restart. The library is not responsible for lost files.
- At least one CS User must remain at the work station during the conversion process.
- The CS is closely monitored.
- All Users must comply with TPPL’s Patron Behavior on Library Property Policy and Internet Access and Computer Use Policy and Procedures.
- The CS may not be primarily used for web-browsing, word-processing, email and other technology uses that can be conducted on TPPL’s public PCs. Most post-conversion editing should not be conducted at the CS, but rather in TPPL’s Digital Media Studio or outside TPPL.
- The Conversion Station may not be used for projects that are obscene or pornographic.
- All Users must comply with Title 17 US Code of Regulations. (See appendix.) Any User in violation of Title 17 US Code of Regulations regarding copyright and trademark infringement may have their CS privileges suspended and/or permanently forfeited.