Your Library Card
What can I do with my Tinley Park Public Library card?
- Check out books, audiobooks on CD, DVDs, music CDs, video games, and more
- Download digital materials like ebooks, audiobooks, and movies
- Read or listen to interactive storybooks online with Tumblebooks
- Check out a Nintendo Switch or a Wi-Fi hot spot
- Place holds on items
- Did you know? You can place a hold on items from other libraries in the SWAN system and pick them up at our library.
- Get online tutoring through Brainfuse: HelpNow
- Take online business, technology, and creative courses with LinkedIn Learning
- Reserve a study room
- Check out a Museum Pass
- Use public computers
- Use the Digital Media Studio and Conversion Station
Anyone – with or without a card – is welcome to use the library’s public spaces, read our books, and use our WiFi while visiting.
Get a Library Card
Who can get a Tinley Park Public Library Card?
- Anyone who lives in incorporated Tinley Park or Orland Hills
- Anyone who owns or leases taxable residential or business property in incorporated Tinley Park or Orland Hills.
- Individuals residing in unincorporated Tinley Park may apply for a non-resident fee card, valid for one year. The annual fee is determined by current non-resident fee calculation.
Get a Card in Person
Visit the Checkout Desk and show your Illinois driver’s license or state ID with your current address.
- If the address is not current, please provide a current utility bill addressed to the applicant. A parent’s or legal guardian’s signature is required on the application and library card of anyone under the age of 18.
- For a complete list of acceptable forms of identification and proof of residency, view our Circulation Policy or call 708.532.0160, x3.
Apply for a Card Online
If you are 18 years or older and live/own property in incorporated Tinley Park or Orland Hills, you may apply online for your library card.
Note: If you have an active library card at a SWAN library, you will need to apply for a card in person.
Loan Periods and Fines
|Easy holiday books||1 week (not renewable)||$.10/day|
|Nonfiction DVD/Blu-ray||3 weeks||$.10/day|
|DVD/Blu-ray Movies||1 week||$1.00/day|
|DVD/Blu-ray TV Series||3 weeks||$1.00/day|
|Now Playing||1 week (not renewable)||$1.00/day|
|Music CDs||3 weeks||$.10/day|
|Sheet Music||3 weeks||$.10/day|
|Console Games||3 weeks||$1.00/day|
|Take-home Tech Devices||3 weeks (not renewable)||$1.00/day|
|MacBooks||3 hours (in-house use only)||$5.00/hour|
|Youth Services iPads||1 hour (in-house use only)||$1.00/hour|
Patrons may borrow up to 100 items at a time. Max item limits:
|10 feature film DVDs or Blu-Rays||5 console games|
|25 CDs or audiobooks||1 Take-home Tech Device|
Patrons may have no more than 50 reserves (holds) placed at any given time.