We are now accepting applications from local published authors who are interested in participating in our next Local Author Expo to be held on Saturday, November 18, 2017 from 11 am–3 pm. Detailed information and Expo applications are available below and in the Local Author Section at the library.
Please note that completed applications are due by 5 pm, Saturday September 30, 2017. Download PDF Application
Author's Event Information
This event will be held on Saturday, November 18, 2017 from 11 am–3 pm. Table space for 25 authors will be available. This will be a great opportunity to speak with fans, make connections, and sell books.
- Completed applications are due by 5 pm, Saturday, September 30, 2017.
- Please drop off your application at the Checkout Desk or mail it to:
- Due to high interest, spaces will be filled by a lottery system.
- For your application to be entered into the lottery, you must have published one or more books.
- Authors must be at least 18 years of age.
- Authors will be notified of lottery results by email during the week of October 2, 2017.
|Schedule for Saturday, November 18, 2017|
|9–10:30 am||Authors arrive and set up.|
|11 am–3 pm||Expo opens to the public.|
|3–3:30 pm||Authors break down displays.|
|The library closes at 5 pm and participants must have all belongings removed by that time.|
- The Expo will be held in the library Meeting Room on the first floor.
- Expo space includes: one 30 x 72 table and chair (a second chair may be requested), one tablecloth, and one placard with author's name only.
- Authors must agree to use these materials and stay within the assigned space.
- Space assignment is at the sole discretion of the library.
- The library will provide free publicity about this event to the news media, on our website, in social media, and within the library.
- Authors are also encouraged to advertise the Expo and their participation.
- A light lunch will be provided for the authors before the Expo opens.
- Coffee, tea, and water will be offered to all throughout the event.
- Additional information will be available to participating authors before the event day.
All participating authors agree to comply with the following:
- To be set up by the Expo opening at 11 am and remain open until 3 pm.
- To notify the library in advance if unable to participate in the Expo.
- To be responsible for all book sales without assistance from library staff.
- To sell books at or below retail price, and not any higher.
- That the Tinley Park Public Library and its employees are not responsible for any losses, property damage, or personal injury that might occur.
- Pictures may be used for publicity purposes.
For questions, please contact Sue Bailey at 708.845.5719 or email firstname.lastname@example.org