Healthy Eating the Plant-Based Way - Hybrid/In-person
About this event
Janet Pearson gives you an introduction to whole plant foods guidelines. You'll learn about health benefits based on case studies and scientific data. Find out about trusted research and resources such as websites, documentaries, and books.
- How to grocery shop and choose the healthiest options at local grocery stores and online.
- Label reading simplified. What key numbers to look at and ingredient list that are best.
- Basic recipes to prepare and cook in your kitchen and add more color to your plate.
- How to socialize, eat at restaurants, and travel and continue to eat the plant based way.
- Take the Veganuary challenge: https://veganuary.com/en-us/
Speaker Bio: Janet Pearson, Tinley Park Resident for 35 years and has been researching and studying nutrition for many years. She has earned the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate from the T. Collin Campbell nutritionstudies.org in partnership with Cornell University. Janet also has taken many online cooking classes including courses offered by Forks Over Knives Cooking School, Chef Bravo from True North Health Center and Chef AJ and her guests. Janet has presented plant-based wellness programs and cooking classes at the Tinley Park Park District, Glenwood School District, FireKing Security, and South Holland Library Programs. Janet was a founding board member of Plant-Based Nutrition Movement pbnm.org which is a Chicago Area non-profit organization that educates and supports the community how to transition to eat whole plant foods that are also oil free, sugar free and low sodium or sodium free. The members organize potluck events and cooking classes both online and in person and website is a comprehensive resource.