Community News Policy
Use of Library Lobby Monitor
- As a community service to non-commercial and non-profit organizations engaged in educational, local governmental, cultural, intellectual or charitable activities, the Tinley Park Public Library provides a provides a digital monitor in its lobby for posting or distributing announcements of civic events, and programs or informational material. The Library reserves the right to request a copy of an organization’s 501(c) for proof of non-profit status.
- It is intended to provide information to the public on upcoming free events or programs sponsored by local organizations and the sale of material for fund raising purposes for the library or the Friends of the Library.
- It is not intended to advertise items or services for sale by commercial entities, profit organizations or individuals, or items relating to political campaigns, garage sales, rental properties, want ads, or fundraising events or requests for contributions
- Images must be submitted at tplibrary.me/community-news and must be at least 1920 x 1080px (width by height)
- Organizations that do not have access to image creation software are urged to use a free utility such as Canva.com
- All items shall be posted for a period of one week.
- The library reserves the right to refuse or remove any image, notice, or handout that does not comply with these policies and guidelines.
- While the library can accept brochures and handouts from non-commercial and non-profit organizations to distribute as “free publications,” physical signs or flyers cannot be posted on the library’s premises.
- Images submitted for publication will be reviewed by the Marketing and Public Relations Manager to ensure compliance with the guidelines set forth in this policy.
Rev. 6/24/09, 9/24/14, 4/28/21