The Tinley Park Public Library and the Library Board of Trustees are pleased to announce our new strategic plan. The five-year plan, which spans 2022-2027, is the culmination of many months of collaboration with the community, library staff, and the Library Board of Trustees.
Our five-year strategy responds to feedback we received from the residents of Tinley Park and Orland Hills in our 2020 Patron Satisfaction Survey. We’ve revised our existing mission and vision statements, incorporated five organizational values, and identified five strategic priority areas.
We are grateful for this opportunity to collaborate with our community. Your survey responses have helped us learn where our strengths and opportunities lie, what our community’s priorities are, and what our community values most about the library. Thank you to each and every person who took time out of their day to help us understand how to serve our community better. We are here for you!
The Tinley Park Public Library empowers and enriches our entire community by welcoming and connecting people to diverse resources, services, experiences, and reliable information.
It is the Tinley Park Public Library’s Vision to:
- Provide valuable customer service by a motivated, knowledgeable, and friendly staff.
- Identify and respond to the needs of a growing and diverse community.
- Develop strong community ties through programming and activities.
- Offer instruction and access to evolving technology.
- Exhibit fiscal responsibility and environmental awareness.